Felt Yarn - made of 100% Spanish merino wool (Spanish line)Regular price €17,50 Save Liquid error (product-template line 120): -Infinity%
NEW IN OUR SHOP!
This amazing FELT YARN is made of 100% Spanish merino (non mulesed) wool and comes in an natural, off white color.
It had a treatment that felts it (the treatment is based on water vapor, heat and pressure and it is done by hand!), remaining resistant and hard, but fine and soft to the touch, to make macrame, loom weaving and decoration works such as baskets, rugs, poufs, etc. You can also knit it with your hands.
It comes from a Spanish cooperative with an animal welfare certificate. Merino quality 100% Spanish entrefina, with wool from merino sheep and entrefines from the Pasture of Ciudad Real and Extremadura, where they are carefully shorn every year in spring so that they can face the long and ancient journey of transhumance through gorges towards the northern areas of Spain, where they will spend the strongest hot months in the summer in a cooler place and richer in natural grasses. After the summer, sheep will make the same trip to their place of origin, where they will spend all winter until the following spring.
The great power of adaptation to weather conditions in these breeds of sheep makes them produce soft, fine and resistant wool to offer a high quality.
- MM: 6 mm, 1 ply
- Meters/grams: 50 meter = 350 gram
- PLEASE NOTE: in felt yarn, the meters are guaranteed but the weight may slightly vary as it is a material felted by hand and may vary because of the density of the felt
- Composition: 100% Spanish merino with certificate of origin
- Format: big ball
- Color: natural (off white)
- Thick needle 20-25 or knit it with your hands
- Can you wash it? It is a material that can be washed, but we recommend hand washing in cold water and air drying free, so that the inner wool dries completely.